Saturday 30 March 2019

March sketch challenge and prompt

So it's time for our last sketch challenge of the month, is it just me or has this month lasted a seriously long time?!
We hope you've managed lots of scrapping this month, maybe even including some stamping for our use it up contest? Theres still time if not! Deadline isn't until midnight on the 31st :)
On that note, this is our last sketch we challenge you to take inspiration from.
However there is a twist, as well as using the sketch, we also challenge you to make the large shape by stamping around a template. 
It doesnt need to be a circle, I've used a heart in my layout below. 

I used one heart to stamp around using red paint (more on that in a moment) and a smaller one using blue paint.
I like how the big one looks like its hugging the little one, like me hugging my son in the photo.
Now you may have noticed my strange stamping. I don't actually own any stamps, nope, not a simple one. I did manage some stamping when I was on a retreat earlier this month by borrowing stamps from other people but back home I had to improvise.
So what do you do when you need ideas? I dont know about you but I go to Pinterest, lol.
So not only did I stamp, and do a layout, but I actually used a technique I had pinned rather than just pin it and forget it! Think I might need a lit down after all this! lol.
So if you want to replicate this technique, you need paint, a pencil with a rubber, and a shape cut from card.
 Dip the rubber into the paint, you don't need too much, just a coating.
 Stamp around the shape using the rubber. Get more paint when needed, you can make it as neat or messy as you like but make sure you cover all round the edges overlapping onto the template.
 Carefully lift the template, showing your shape underneath.
You can do this with whatever you like really, paint, ink, actual stamps if you own them lol, the list is endless!

As usual all challenges stay open as are just for fun.If you have created any layouts based on these please feel free to share them on instagram using @scrapbookstashbustinguk or over on our Facebook page here
You are more than welcome to combine any challenges you complete for this with our current stamping challenge, however please make sure you add your layout to the stamping album and also over at For the love of pretty paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment