Saturday 6 April 2019

April sketch challenge and guest designer....

Well its April! Spring has apparently sprung, though the fact I'm sitting here in a jumper might disagree with that, but then that's UK weather for you lol.  
But crazy weather aside a new month means a new sketch challenge and a new guest designer, and I'm thrilled to announce that this month it is none other than the amazing Laura Rumble!
 
As soon as we decided this month we would be focusing on sequins we knew we needed Laura to create one of her stunning layouts. She certainly is the queen of sequins and has amassed quite a collection of them lol. Seriously this is one of her boxes
See what I mean. 
So for this months sketch we picked the one below. It can easily be used with lots of sequins, only a few, or none at all and just use paint splatters or enamel dots.
We can't wait to see what you come up with :) 


Unsurprisingly Laura hit it out of the park with her beautiful, monochrome layout she did as her take. I love how shes combined mist, and different colour sequins to draw your eye up the page and the very subtle stitching to add further texture and interest. Amazing!
So lets get to know a little more about Laura, besides the fact she loves sequins lol. 

How did you get into scrapbooking?
I’ve always crafted – my Mum and my Nan were crafters so it was natural that I followed along.  I started scrapping around 2010 when I got a little bored of card making.  I had loads of supplies from card making that transferred over to scrapping which was a great way to start.

What is your 'go to' product, tool, or embellishment type?
Hmm... my favourite tool at the moment is my Silhouette Cameo.  That’s the one I used last.  If I had had my Minc foiling machine out I’d probably say that.  And I love my sewing machine too!  My go to product or embellishment is sequins.

What is your favourite thing to scrapbook?
My nephews!

Would you say you have a style? If so what is it?
Fairly clean and simple, lots of white with one or two bold colours, sparkle and whitespace.

What do you never use on your layouts?
I’m not keen on pre-cut paper flowers but I will fussy cut flowers from patterned paper.  I have a lot of cork and wood veneer in my stash but I find it hard to use.

Who do you get inspiration from?
Ooh, good question.  I get inspiration from my nephews and my Mum – not that they scrap but things they say or do give me ideas for pages.  I browse Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube or Facebook for layouts I love too, always keeping an eye out for pages from Elizabeth Sarah, Pol Prince, Jacqui Godfrey, Keighley Brennan and Sylvia from sylvias.scrap.art

Do you watch anyone on YouTube? If so who is your favourite?
I watch a few videos every day.  My top 9 are:
and the entire SpiegelMom Scraps team.



Are you on any design teams? 
I’m currently designing for StickerKitten, Skull and cross buns and Pretty My Page.  I admin for For The Love Of Pretty Paper, the biggest UK Scrapbooking Group on Facebook. I also make sketches for Stick It Down, Sketches In Thyme, FTLOPP and occasionally Lottie Loves Paper and The Secret Not Secret Kit Club... basically I like making sketches!!

You can find me:

So thank you so much to Laura for being our guest designer this month! We will have another layout from her on April 20th, but we will also have a few tips on how to use up sequins in the meantime, and of course our cyber crop next week :) 
If you do join in with any of our challenges please tag us over on Instagram @scrapbookstashbustinguk or post them on our Facebook group Stash Busting
Hope you can join in!



No comments:

Post a Comment