Saturday 20 April 2019

April sketch challenge and Guest designer inspiration

Hello everyone :) Well it's Easter weekend here and I don't know about where you are but the weather here is amazing!
I probably should be out somewhere soaking up the Vitamin D, but no I'm at my desk trying to use up scraps. :) In my defence though we are away at the beach next weekend so no scrapping allowed then!
So if like me you are scrapping today, we have two amazing pieces of inspiration for you.
The first is the second sketch challenge for the month, this was picked by Jacqui and is very open to interpretation.
 With Jacquis layout she has moved the title and put it in place of the second photo, she has also omitted the embellishment cluster in the top corner. This could have been a design choice, or she forgot about it, she'd had a few gins by this point so who knows lol.
Still looks good though. :)
 Our second piece of inspiration comes from our guest designer, Laura Rumble.
As I've said before, Laura is the Queen of sequins. As well as the beautiful layout she made from our sketch at the start of the month, she also made this beautiful, summery, floral layout.

I love the colour and the detail the stitching adds. The shaped sequins are perfect for making flower shapes and the circles which just draws your eye up the page to the photo.
I tend to use a lot of paper in my layouts, but this is just so refreshing, and has so much interest using just sequins. I may be a convert!
I hope you can draw some inspiration from these examples. If you do create something from the sketch or with sequins please share over on our Facebook page here, or on Instagram using @scrapbookstashbustinguk 

No comments:

Post a Comment