Friday 26 April 2019

Using sequins on a layout

So it's almost May, which will soon mean a new use it up challenge!
Before that happens though I thought one last push at using up sequins would be a good idea :)
There are lots of ways to use sequins on layouts or cards, two of the easiest ways are simply to use them as a boarder, or to sprinkle them on the layout.
On this one I used large blue sequins to create a frame at the top and bottom of the page to keep your eye from wandering off. I always struggle with the larger sequins as they don't go as well into shaker pockets so I was glad to use them up here. 
The layout is of my husband being daft in Costa. as he does.
I use a lot of Nuvo drops on my layouts to add texture and interest to plainer areas. Here however I decided to use some smaller, lighter blue sequins. I liked this more than I thought I would though I'm probably too lazy to sit and glue them down too often lol. 

Did use up a lot of sequins though, so mission accomplished!

Sprinkling sequins on your layout seems to be the most common way of using them on layouts. I've always struggled with the skill of making the positioning look deliberate but random at the same time. Mine just tend to look like I've spilled sequins onto the page.  

After looking at other layouts I decided to put them in small groups of 3, it still looks a bit chaotic to me but it’s not too bad lol. How are you all doing using up your sequins? Hopefully better than me!,

No comments:

Post a Comment