Saturday 2 March 2019

Meet Fiona!

Morning all!
So rather than bore you with mine and Jacqui’s work every month, as amazing as it obviously is (haha) every month we will have a guest designer to showcase their work :) 
This month we’re very lucky to have Fiona Cullen!

How did you get into scrapbooking?
I got into scrapbooking completely by accident in 2006. I used to make jewellery and I was looking for some bits and pieces. In my search, the Marketplace of UKScrappers came up. I had a browse around the rest of the forum and that was it. I was powerless to resist all the pretty paper.

What is your 'go to' product, tool, or embellishment type?
Stamps! I love making my own embellishments and stamps usually feature in some way. I also like using them to stamp my titles. I'll never run out of vowels!

What is your favourite thing to scrapbook?
Most of my pages feature my children doing the things they enjoy. I also like to document small details of their lives that we wouldn't always remember. 

Would you say you have a style? If so what is it?
I have no idea what my style is, or if I have one! I tend to like white space and kraft cardstock at the moment.

What do you never use on your layouts?
I don't use pre-made embellishments.

Who do you get inspiration from
I don't think there is a particular scrapper that I get inspiration from. I'm more inspired by sketches as a starting point for a page. I do get ideas from the other members in groups like FTLOPP and Stashbusting though.

Do you watch anyone on YouTube
I never seem to have time to watch youtube videos. I prefer to look on Pinterest where I can see several pages in a few minutes rather than just one in a video.

Fiona is a stampin up rep, and mainly does cards so it a privilege for her to make a layout for us. 
She’s also a lovely person, who makes amazing soup ;) check out her blog here  for recipes and tons of beautiful cards. 
Her cards are usually filled with lots of detail, I love to watch her stamp layer upon layer until it finally reveals the final picture. 
I could never do it, but I love to watch it. 
Her layout style however is very different with lots of white space, still just as stunning though. 
This was her take on our sketch this month.


Isn’t it amazing, Fiona has stamped script and flowers onto plain card and then cut tags and hearts from them for her layout. I love the Kraft on kraft look. Thank you so much to Fiona for being our guest designer this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment