Saturday 4 May 2019

INSD Class one - Uses for a stencil

INSD CLASS 1 - Uses for a stencil

Hi again! So welcome to our first class, both of the weekend and ever lol. 
For this class I thought I'd demonstrate a few ways you can use a stencil. I don't know about you but I have quite a few of these so using them in different ways will certainly add a lot more to my layouts.
Plus once you buy it once its re-useable so works out cheaper in the long run 

EXAMPLE ONE - Texture paste
Probably the most common use. Texture paste is a brilliant way to add depth and texture to your layout, hense the name I guess lol. You can buy it in lots of different colours, matt finish or glittered or shimmery. It can be pricey but you tend to get quite a lot so it lasts a long time.
A good tip is to try white first, then add inks to it to make different colour paste while keeping costs down 
Some people use fancy pallete knives, I use an old hobbycraft loyalty card which works great for me lol. simply put your stencil on your page where you want your paste to go, maybe using some washi to hold it down, and spread a small amount of paste over the stencil. Remove and let dry.
Always clean your stencil right away, and that stuff dries rock hard!





EXAMPLE TWO - Drawing
Really quick and easy use here. Simply tape your stencil to your page, and draw through  Much less messy use than texture pastes so its great if you're in a rush or have a small amount of space to scrap.
Channel your inner child!



EXAMPLE THREE - Ink
Theres a bonus use here, I'm super lazy so anything which allows me to not clean is a bonus to me!
Use one - traditional use first, simply tape your stencil down and use your ink pad to stamp through. 



Use two - Don't clean your stencil yet! Get another sheet of paper, turn your stencil over so the dirty side is against your paper and rub it with your finger to create a negative look.




I hope this has been helpful and clear enough, any questions please ask 
There are no prizes for this, simply just for fun  Please share if you try anything based on this class. If you use instgram we can be found using #insdstashbusting or @scrapbookstashbustinguk please tag us in your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment